Many of today’s “sport drinks” are filled with artificial sweeteners, food coloring and other undesirable ingredients.
To avoid any unnatural stuff, I’d like to give you the simple ingredients to make one quart of a flavorful “Do-It-Yourself” sports drink that cost about 36 cents, which is only 20% the cost of buying a commercial product with artificial stuff.
To avoid any unnatural sweeteners, food coloring, etc., you can create a do-it-yourself version of one quart of a sport beverage with the following recipe:
1. Mix ¼ cup of boiling water with ¼ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of magnesium and 4 tablespoons of sugar. (*magnesium is optional)
2. Pour step 1 ingredients into a quart size or bigger container. Add ¼ cup of fresh orange juice plus 3 and ½ cups of cold water. Stir the mixture.
3. Stick it in the fridge to chill.
4. Serve when needed. Each cup of this do-it-yourself sports drink will provide about 50 calories coming from 12 grams of carbs, 110 mg of sodium, 30 mg of potassium and 80 mg of magnesium.
5. Drinking about 8 fluid ounces of this drink every fifteen minutes or so will keep you going strong.
*Magnesium deficiency is often associated with muscle cramping. If you experience muscle cramping and want to add a teaspoon of magnesium to your sports drink, Calm is an effective dietary supplement.
Join Hundreds and Hundreds of readers, e-mail subscribe to “On Inspired Living” in the white box at the top of this post or click our logo below for details.